Jun 5, 2011

Putting in the Mileage -2 1/2 months until Dover & US Nationals 25k

I continue following the training plan and this week logged 45,000 yards, in the past seven days have been in lakes more now than the pool. This will continue to be the plan from here on out. Switching to much longer weekend swims 5k (3.1 miles) minimum and heading to 10-15k range over the next few weeks.
In two weekends the US Masters Nationals for the 25k (15.5 mile) distance are being held in Indianapolis so this will be a good strong workout day for me. This is the same lake (Morse) I have been now for a number of swims so it comfortable and well known. But 70 very talented national caliber people are entered and it will be crowded until things stretch out. Since my goal is Dover and the English Channel this will simply be a 6-7 hour workout for me. Charlie Hiltunen, one of my long time friends will be kayaking and providing support for safety and food stops this day so the kayak will be full of food and we'll both need lots of sun screen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment